Organizational Vision, Goal & Strategy
The ecologically friendly and happiness of life depends on better care of the earth and nature which will only be possible through a sustainable human society. Sustainable and self- reliant human society can be achieved through Permaculture philosophy, principles and ethics. Permaculture is a door to sustainable society. “A self-reliant society with social, economical and ecological justice that safeguards our planet today and for future generations.” – is the vision of NPG.
NPG aims to help eradicate poverty and develop self- reliant society in the country through the development and promotion of Permaculture and sustainable development principles and practices, by demonstrating results, sharing knowledge and influencing. Its mission is to improve the sustainable livelihoods of the people through socio-economic empowerment through system design based on permaculture principles with integrating traditional, scientific knowledge and natural pattern.
The goal is to establish as a center of excellence for improved resilience of society and ecosystem through strengthening ecological and permaculture practices and enhancing access to and use of information, technology and innovation.
NPG coordinate individuals and organizations working in the field of Permaculture and similar philosophy. It promotes Permaculture and Sustainable Development for self-reliant society through networking with emphasis on Permaculture promotion, quality control of Permaculture training and services, research, advocacy and lobbying.
NPG will carryout all its’ activities to achieve following objectives:
- Strengthen networking among individual and organizations at local, national and international level.
- Strengthen individual member and organizational capacity on facilitating participatory technology generation,transfer and adoption.
- Strengthen the quality standard on training , design and resource (finance and human) base organization.
- Ensure learning sharing environment through establishing demonstration and resource centre and coordinating different interface working in development.
- Enable policy environment facilitating evidence based dialogues for better permaculture training, education, research and extension. Also work as a pressure group in advocating and lobbying for the sustainable and self-reliant society